Monday, May 31, 2010

Read and Share: The Jesus Series Life and Miracles DVD Review

I review for BookSneeze

I was given the opportunity to review The Jesus Series DVD Read and Share Bible by BookSneeze (formerly Thomas Nelson Book Review).  




Found on Thomas Nelson product page:  

Take a wonder-filled journey with Jesus and His disciples.
Animated straight from the pages of the popular Read and Share® Bible, The Jesus Series introduces children to the life of Christ. Unlike the 3-minute, bite-size story format of the Read and Share® DVD BibleVolumes 1-4, this DVD is an uninterrupted half-hour presentation of Jesus' ministry along the shores of Lake Galilee and the villages near Nazareth. Children will see Jesus call His disciples, feed 5,000 people, heal the sick, teach about God’s kingdom and introduce the Lord’s Supper.
This DVD completes The Jesus Series by presenting the life of Christ in a way that little ones can understand and build a solid foundation on.






I have been searching for an accurate Kid's Bible and thought that perhaps, if I got a DVD, the kids would take a bit more interest in the Bible stories and we could use it as a video for family movie night.  I knew Baby Bean and maybe Peanut wouldn't be ready for this, but its always nice to have something that the babies can grow into.  

We got this 30 min animated DVD on a cold, rainy afternoon and was a wonderful thing to watch while the kids ate their lunch.  Immediately, the boys were hooked!  Bubbie seemed very interested in the stories and even commented "Momma, I hear God's voice!" which made me chuckle to myself.  The stories seemed pretty accurate and walked through several New Testament stories, such as Jesus calling his disciples and feeding the 5,000.  Bubbie also remembered several of the other stories that he had learned about in Bible class or VBS last year.  Peanut kept saying "Momma, JESUS! JESUS!"  but that was about all he got from the DVD.

Not only is this a DVD for the whole family to enjoy, but it can also be put into your disc drive on your computer and you can print out coloring pages and other teaching aids that go along with the stories!  What a wonderful way to really bring the stories alive!  

I like having Biblically based DVD and shows for my children to watch and I feel very comfortable allowing my kids to watch this without me sitting in the same room.  The pictures are clear and colorful and I know this movie allowed the Bible to come alive for Bubbie in a small way!  



I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment